Latest News

Mason electrocuted to death after climbing electricity pole

Yaw Aputu, a 30-year-old male, was electrocuted to death in Kwame Ankrah in the Assin North District of the Central Region after climbing a power pole.

According to information received, the Kwame Baah Community, which is close to Kwame Ankrah, had been experiencing low power voltage for a while without the Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG) being able to remedy it.

CHECK OUT: 5 online loan apps you don’t know

Some residents of the neighborhood therefore recruited the dead, who is rumored to be a Mason but has minimal experience with electrical systems, to resolve the issue.

He was, however, electrocuted in the process and passed away in an instant.

Assin Fosu ECG representatives arrived on the spot right away to help remove the deceased from the pole.

The deceased’s remains has been placed in the mortuary at St. Government Hospital.

Samuel Agyemang, the deceased’s distraught brother, stated that although his brother is knowledgeable about electrical systems, he is not a licensed and certified electrician.

The deceased, he said, was employed by an Assin Adubiase-based construction company that was erecting a mosque at the time of his death.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Check Also
Close
Back to top button
%d bloggers like this:

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker