Latest News

Five confirmed dead following helicopter crash

Five individuals have been killed after a helicopter collided with tough territory in territorial Victoria earlier today.
Police said a pilot and four travelers were ready the helicopter, every one of whom kicked the bucket at the accident scene close to Mt Disappointment, an hour north of Melbourne’s CBD.
Police reported the terrible update soon after 7.30pm.

They said the crash victims were:
– A 32-year-old man from Cheltenham, Victoria
– A 50-year-old woman from Inverloch, Victoria
– A 73-year-old man from Albert Park, Victoria
– A 59-year-old man from New South Wales
– A 70-year-old man from New South Wales
“It’s accepted the sanctioned helicopter had taken off from Moorabbin Airport prior to getting travelers in Batman Park, Melbourne around 7am,” Victoria Police said.
“The flight was bound for Ulupna, situated in northern Victoria.
“Police Air Wing found the destruction nearby Blair’s Hut around 11.45am on 31 March.”
Police said the reason for the accident was at this point unclear.
The region where the helicopter crashed is covered by such thick hedge that police had been not able to get to it by ground or land a helicopter close by.
Tractors and an earthmover were expected to make a way to the accident site during the hunt and salvage activity.
Heros must be winched from a police helicopter down to the accident site, close to Blair’s Hut.
State Emergency Service volunteers, paramedics, police and Fire Forest Management laborers set up an organizing point more than 8km from the destruction.
The helicopter was one of two voyaging north in escort from Melbourne’s CBD over when it vanished soon after 9.30am, as per Victoria Police.
It was accepted to convey a gathering of cows ranchers made a beeline for Yarrawonga.
The subsequent helicopter arrived without occurrence at Moorabbin Airport in Melbourne’s south-east.
Both Microflite Helicopter Services airplane took off from the banks of the Yarra River in Melbourne CBD close to Crown not long before 8am.
Microflite Helicopter Services’ chief head supervisor Rodney Higgins said the private sanction flight that crashed was being flown by an exceptionally regarded pilot.
He said the contract lost correspondence with the other helicopter soon after 8am, with the episode then, at that point, quickly answered to the Australian Maritime Safety Authority as per standard conventions.
Mr Higgins said the organization would help out broad examinations concerning what had happened.
“I stretch out my most profound sympathies to all impacted by this episode,” he said.
The Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) is sending a group from Canberra and Melbourne to examine the episode.
“Once on location, they will look at the destruction and site encompasses, and will recover any significant parts for additional assessment in the ATSB’s specialized offices in Canberra,” ATSB Chief Commissioner Angus Mitchell said.
“The ATSB will likewise examine any recorded information and lead interviews with the individuals who know about the flight.”

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button
%d bloggers like this:

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker