Chief’s son collapses as police exhume trainee nurse’s body from father’s house

The remains of Georgina Asor Botchwey were interred in one of Nana Clark Onyaa, the main suspect, and Tufuhen of Ekumfi Akwakrom in Mankessim in the Central Region.
The young woman was brutally murdered when her family was aware that she was traveling to Cape Coast in the Central Region for an interview.

The chief was brought to the Regional Headquarters after being picked up at his hiding place in the Ekumfi District, Akwa Krom.

According to reports, his accomplice, pastor Michael Darko, commonly known as Nana 1, admitted to aiding him in the kidnapping, murder, and covert burial of the woman in one of the chief’s residences.

According to reports, the deceased’s body was buried over three weeks ago, and his home also discovered the deceased’s bag, shoes, and other belongings.

Following her attendance at the Ankaful Nursing Training College for an interview, the victim was allegedly abducted by the pastor.

After engaging in sexual activity with their victim, the offenders wanted GH15,000 from her family as a ransom to rescue her.

When the family allegedly refused to pay, they allegedly killed her and buried her in the chief’s kitchen.

Alex Kojo Appiah, the assemblyman for Ekumfi Akwakrom, discussed the tragic incident in an interview with Adom FM’s morning show, Dwaso Nsem, on Thursday. He revealed that the chief’s son collapsed from shock and was taken to the hospital for treatment.

He expressed his disbelief that the chief, who serves as the president of the Mankessim Traders Association and was held in such high regard, would commit such a horrific murder.

Many people will even sacrifice their lives for Nana Clark because of how much he has benefited them at Mankessim. The latest person to be detained on suspicion of this offense is him. I’m still in disbelief,” she cried.

Appiah continued by saying that Nana Clark Onyaa rose to prominence in the region as a result of the several development projects he brought to Akwa Krom and the nearby settlements.

The two suspects were remanded into police custody while they were in court on Thursday, September 22, 2022, where they appeared before Cape Coast Circuit Court 2.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Check Also
Back to top button
%d bloggers like this:

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker