The ‘African Giant’ singer will be the lead act for this year’s music and gastronomy cultural carnival, it has been formally announced by Culture Management Group (CMG), the organizers of Afrochella 2022.
Stonebwoy, a Grammy-winning music legend from Ghana, has also been announced as a co-headliner for the eagerly anticipated performance planned for this December 2022.
The two-day futuristic event will also feature Afrobeat superstars like Fireboy, Kidi, Ayra Starr, Medikal, DJ Juls, DJ Loft, and others in addition to these two powerful performers. This eagerly awaited event is scheduled to return to El Wak Stadium in Accra, Ghana from December 28 through December 29 with such an overpowering musical lineup.
Afrochella is a celebration of the lively work produced by the many up-and-coming creatives, artists, and entrepreneurs across the continent of Africa. The topic of Afrochella this year is “AfroFuturism,” a term coined to study the past, speculate on the future, and chart a forward-thinking course for the current African diaspora.
Afrochella’s music festival will be altered to include a number of cultural concepts in order to bring “AfroFuturism” to life. These concepts were all developed to take a step into the future of art, music, fashion, culture, and food. Each area will bring together a diverse group of regional creatives, chefs, musicians, and performers to create an immersive and unexpected world for festival-goers to experience.
“Afrochella will bring “Afrofuturism” to life via our key aspects of music, art, fashion, and food as we begin another year of celebrating African culture. According to Abdul Karim Abdullah, CEO & Co-Founder of Afrochella, “We will investigate the countless possibilities of what “Afrofuturism” could resemble in 2022 and beyond.
“As one of Ghana’s most beloved cultural events, this year’s exciting task is to draw 20,000 tourists to the nation. In addition to achieving this objective, Kenny Agyapong Jr., COO & Co-Founder of Afrochella continued, “We plan to make Ghana the top travel destination for all tourists around the world.
The Afrochella Festival will feature 50 vendors, including 35 food vendors serving cuisine from throughout the continent, including Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Ethiopia, Senegal, and more, as well as 15 fashion, beauty, and arts retailers.
This year, Afrochella will also debut “Afrocanteen,” a unique, one-of-a-kind dining experience that is situated immediately on the festival grounds. Beginning on December 18 and continuing through December 31 is the Afrochella Expo at Afrochella House.
The Afrochella experience will feature the following flagship events and elements:
●Afro Expo 2022 Presented by Afrochella House: A two week expo located at the Afrochella House, a cultural content center that will host a series of digital experiences, wellness sessions, screenings and panel discussions in the world of culture, technology, health, sustainability, music and art – connecting the diaspora to industry experts and changemakers building opportunities on the ground and across the continent.
* Rising Star Challenge: Artists across the African continent will have the opportunity to submit their musical profile for a chance to perform at the 2022 Afrochella Festival. The 1st place winner of the Rising Star Challenge will win a grand prize of $2,500, a studio session with an acclaimed producer and more.
* Fashion Night Out: Afrochella presents Fashion Night Out, an evening to celebrate the innovation and beauty of African Fashion and its multi-talented designers with art installations and live performances.
* Afrochella Music Museum: A museum-like experience that will take the audience on a journey through the past into the future with live performances, art installations, and digital and printed imagery.
* Afrochella Talks: A conversation series dedicated to discussing African business, music, food, and creativity.
* New Year’s Eve Celebration x PVO: Afrochella partners with PVO to bring in the New Year with an unforgettable end of year celebration.