The culminating event for Afrochella Festival 2022 has been announced as a two-day futuristic experience that would take place at El Wak Stadium in Accra, Ghana on December 28th and 29th, 2022.
The topic of this year’s outdoor urban festival is “AfroFuturism,” a word coined to reflect on the past, explore the future, and chart a constructive course for the current African diaspora.
Afrochella is a festival that celebrates Africa’s rich culture and lively work, which is displayed by the continent’s many young creatives, artists, and businesses.
Afrochella’s music festival will be altered to incorporate numerous cultural themes in order to bring “AfroFuturism” to life, all of which are designed to take a step into the future of art, music, fashion, culture, and gastronomy. Each zone will bring together a diverse group of local artists, musicians, foodies, and creatives to create an engaging and surprising environment for festival attendees to experience.
“Afrochella will bring “Afrofuturism” to life via our key aspects of music, art, fashion, and food as we start on another year of celebrating African culture. We’ll ponder the infinite possibilities of what “Afrofuturism” may entail in 2022 and beyond.” – Abdul Karim Abdullah, Afrochella’s CEO and Co-Founder
“As one of Ghana’s most recognized cultural events, we have the exciting task of inviting 20,000 visitors to the nation this year.” We intend to not only attain this aim, but also to make Ghana the number one travel destination in the globe.” – Kenny Agyapong Jr., Afrochella’s COO and Co-Founder
The Afrochella Festival will include 25 fashion and art designers, as well as 35 food vendors serving cuisines from Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Ethiopia, Senegal, and other African countries.
The Afrochella Expo will take place from December 18th to December 31st. The following are the main events and parts of the experience:
Rising Star Challenge: Musicians from all across Africa will be able to submit their musical profiles for a chance to participate at the Afrochella Festival in 2022. The Rising Star Challenge’s first place winner will get a $2,500 grand prize, as well as a studio session with a respected producer and other prizes.
● AFRO EXPO 2022: A two-week expo with a series of conversations in the world of culture, technology, health, sustainability, music, and art to connect the diaspora to opportunities on the ground.
● Fashion Night Out: Afrochella presents Fashion Night Out, an evening to celebrate the innovation and beauty of African Fashion and its multi-talented designers with art installations and live performances.
● Afrochella Music Museum: A museum-like experience that will take the audience on a journey through the past into the future with live performances, art installations, and digital and printed imagery.
● Afrochella Talks: A conversation series dedicated to discussing African business, music, food, and creativity.
● New Year’s Eve Celebration x PVO: Afrochella partners with PVO to bring in the New Year with an unforgettable end-of-year celebration.
Due to COVID-19, Culture Management Group will continue to work with the Ghanaian government and public health experts to follow safety rules and procedures to provide a healthy and joyful experience for our clients and partners.