In Turkey last week, a two-year-old who had been struck initially by the snake bit it to death.
According to Newsweek, on August 10 the toddler was in her backyard when the neighbors heard her screaming. They discovered the youngster clutching a 20-inch snake between her teeth.
The girl was brought to a neighboring hospital for treatment and observation after a bite mark was discovered on her lip.
The toddler’s father, Mehmet Ercan, said, “Our neighbors have told me that the snake was in the hand of my child, she was playing with it, and then it bit her.” Then, in retaliation, she bit the snake. Ercan wasn’t around because he was at work when it happened.
Although the snake’s species is yet unknown, the toddler’s father said she seemed to be doing okay.
Since 12 of the 45 species identified in Turkey are regarded as venomous, there was some cause for concern.